Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Pack week!

March 31, 2012 Basket.
This week I finally beat the cutoff and managed to get a basket.  The last two weeks I have been trying to get a basket, however, every time I logged on there were no more baskets left. 

But this is the week, and I did an add on pack.  Great week for it too, because there was a large number of veggies.  Don't get me wrong, I like the fruit too, but I feel that the veggies allow you to do more tasty things (like for instance adding butter, YUM!). 

So the fun things this week other than my add on pack, which was chocked full of veggies, was the sweet potatoes.  I do love some good sweet potatoes.  I think me and Becca will have those baked and loaded with salt, pepper and butter.  Sounds delish.  Of course there was pineapple too and that is one of my favorites. 

I decided this week, I knew I would have to share some of the stuff, because I knew with the add on pack I would be getting a lot of extra.  So I split up some of it and gave some to Mom, and some to Tina.  I hope they enjoy it.  I got a 10 lb bag of potatoes and a large bag of pears.  Both of those I shared, however, I still have a bunch left.  So I think the potatoes will go pretty quick.  Maybe I will have to make some potatoe salad for Easter to take to Bozeman.  I am also thinking that I might have to learn how to can pears.  I seem to be getting a bunch of those. 

All in all it was a good week for veggies.  I think our house was not doing too well without them, and I am glad to have them back.  So until next time, happy veggie and fruiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment