Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 4

Hello again,
So I have decided that I must be ready for summer.  Based on the fact that I decided that the best thing to use a bag of potatoes for is potatoe salad.  This past week I received a good selection of fruit and veggies in my basket, but the most exciting to me was the potatoes and the mangos.  I ended up turning the mangos into, well, a fruit salad.  I had so many ideas on what I wanted to use them for.  But in the end, my summer cravings came out and I chopped up a bunch of fruit and threw it in a bowl and spent the weekend eating it.  It was delicious and being that I have never actually peeled and cut a mango myself before, I thought it went pretty smoothly (or should I say slippery).  Great flavor once again in all of the fruit. 

Okay, getting back to the potatoes and summer.  I was supposed to spend last weekend baking for the March of Dimes fundraiser bake sale.  I managed to get it all done on Sunday.  But when I showed up to my mothers house, and everyone was ready to work on convincing me of going to mom and Dan's cabin in Craig, how could I refuse the idea of an almost summer day on the 4-wheelers?  So I bagged the baking for the day and went 4-wheeling to the cabin.  The night before we left however, I thought was the perfect chance to utilize those lovely looking potatoes.  I made one very large batch of potatoes salad. 

And the outcome of the salad?  Well, we carried home an empty bowl, and out of the 4 1/2 (Becca is included in this tally) people who ate it, they must have loved it because the bowl was empty by the end of lunch.  I personally think we were all ready for summer to get here.  It was a great day of clear blue skies, 4-wheeling in the mud, and hanging out with my family. 

So I hope the weather is treating you all well, and that you have had a chance to get out in it and enjoy a brief summary of what I hope the summer will bring. 

Until next time have a great day, week, or weather day.
The Fruit and Vegetabler

No comments:

Post a Comment